Today seen the end of an anger management course I was on. NO, its not that my anger has grown out of control but so that I can offer counselling in the area. It was an excellent course which I thoroughly enjoyed and found it stretching. The course only lasted 3 Saturdays but I learnt such a lot out of it. The courses methodology was very much rooted in experiential learning and so we had to explore our own anger and its triggers.
The course basically taught that most anger can be traced to original hurt. Therefore what made you angry as a child still makes you angry today. Sounds corny I know but as the weeks went past the truth of the theory held out.
So for example someone who was never quite sure were they stood with their parents and always felt judged and/or tested may as a result find themselves getting unusually angry today when they perceive that they are being judged again. Only this time not by their parents but by anyone they may come into contact with.
What is your original hurt and can you trace it through to your anger today?
The course basically taught that most anger can be traced to original hurt. Therefore what made you angry as a child still makes you angry today. Sounds corny I know but as the weeks went past the truth of the theory held out.
So for example someone who was never quite sure were they stood with their parents and always felt judged and/or tested may as a result find themselves getting unusually angry today when they perceive that they are being judged again. Only this time not by their parents but by anyone they may come into contact with.
What is your original hurt and can you trace it through to your anger today?

For all you petrol heads out there...
(Courtesy of Ballynahinch & District Motor Club)
Ps. The first two cars would be in my top ten most desired...
No comments:
Post a Comment