I heard this expression being used today on one of my favourite programmes "Homes under the Hammer". Its truth is obvious but I feel as a society we are growing blind to it. Last year when we moved house and our new house fell through we had to rent a property and had lots of unexpected costs. Shortly after I had that bad car accident, the boiler in our new house needed an overhaul and we had a host of other unbudgeted for expenses. I'm not proud of it but to cut a long story short we accumulated debt, which whilst not spent on unneeded luxuries is debt none the less.
My experience affirms the truth of what they say, debt is like a mill stone around your neck. The last couple of months we have made ends meet but its been tough. Why am I telling you this? To warn and encourage you before you make that next purchase outside of your budget to think. Do you really need it? Don’t take debt lightly… believe me it has the power to choke and destroy you.
No comments:
Post a Comment