Quote of the week
Some people are so focused on what they were that they no longer enjoy who they’ve become…..
I took this quote from a programme I watch on RTE 3 on a Sunday called Doc. Yesterdays episode was about an old film star who had given up on life because Hollywood had given up on her. Doc, (Played by Billy Ray Cyrus) showed her that acting was her gift but that her obsession with being a big star of the past was stopping her from enjoying and using her gift in the present! It made me wonder how many people are limiting their experience of today because they insist on seeing themselves through other people’s eyes or in the light of what they’ve been.
Christian women.....
I risk being controversial here but have you ever wondered why so many women of faith are single? Don’t worry I’m not talking about nuns here, but I’m talking about beautiful, young, intelligent women who are washed. (Washed in the blood of the lamb of course). Even more baffling to me is the fact that they have all of the above and personality too! A thing that in my day was a rare thing… apologies to those born around 1973 but it is fact. I reckon within my circle of friends I must be talking of about at least 10 individuals here.
Take tonight for example, I was invited by my wee skin and blister “Angela” for tea. Now in our family looks was a thing that missed the first born and was inherited by the two female offspring so don’t base your perception of her looks on me. Including Angela, there was 3 crackers in the house all of which were single and with not even a whisper of a boy involved. How come?
Well I have a theory and it goes something like this - they’re single because they’re not ready yet! It’s simple God’s just not finished with them. It’s a fair point that there is more spiritual work within the average female for the Holy Spirit to do than within the average male.. and so they haven’t been released yet!
Game for a laugh?
From now on I will regularly be going down to this student house and will be having tea with Angela and her mates. If your looking to score let me know as you’re more than welcome to join me however no dogs please. One word of advice, they have stated that they don’t like label boys so you might want to put the dear gear away for the evening. That said lets face it beggars can’t be choosers….
No comments:
Post a Comment