Ten for the weekend!
Things I think should be cheaper
1. The cost of living for pensioners
2. CD’s
3. German cars
4. Glasses
5. Indian restaurants
6. Weddings
7. Water once they start charging in 2006
8. Sports clothing
9. Insurance of all sorts
10. Diesel
Pressure & The Housemartins
I was really feeling the pressure a few days ago between my health, car and job. As usual my mind needed a distraction and I decided to reorganise my CD’s into alphabetical order. I came across an old Housemartins* album called “Now that’s what I call quite good” which basically was their greatest hits album! I didn’t get over excited about it ten years ago when I bought it but I tell you, today I’m loving it! The purchase and band were way ahead of their time!
*For the ignorant The Housemartins were the band that The Beautiful South came out of – and if you haven’t heard of them your far to young to be reading this!!
The week from hell
It has been a really long time since I had as pressured a week as I’ve had this past week. As usual when things are really bad you see your true colours and I have to say with some of them I was pretty disgusted. I had a conversation with Dave Dunlop this week and it blew my mind – I off loaded that much that it probably blew his too, sorry Dave! One of the things he said which hit me like a sledge hammer was that worry is really a lack of faith. Now like me you’ve probably heard that a thousand times but on this occasion the truth of it seemed to hit me like a runaway steam train! Sorry to sound like an old tory government minister but we need to “get back to basics” or at least I do! Sometimes I think that we get so busy, distracted, focused, sophisticated, goal oriented, etc that we lose the plot. I hold my hand up and say that I did this week and having got to this extent I have been for a number of weeks!
A word of appreciation:- For Dave, Neil, John & Paul who all listened and supported – what would you do without mates?
A word of apology: - To my colleague and friend who I took my frustration out on, on Friday afternoon. I’m just so glad that you are far more level headed and forgiving than I am. In retrospect it’s a god-incident (as JD would say rather than a coincident) that we work so closely or at least within ear shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment