Remembering scripture like music!
I’ve been chewing on this some more (See last Saturday “Old Albums”) and I think there’s another few reasons why music and albums are more easily remembered than scripture….
1. If you listen to an album 10 times you’ve invested say 10 hours approx. When was the last time I focused 10 hours on the equivalent bible content – say 10 chapters?
2. If you sing along, a thing I’ve been known to do your engaging your memory as well as mind. Would it be better to read scripture aloud?
3. I allow music to stimulate my heart, mind, and emotions. How often have I allowed scripture to invade more than my intellect?
I’ve always believed in the importance of meditating on scripture and part of that I believe is to memorise it. After all Joshua 1 Vs 8 tells us to meditate on it day and night. Therefore I believe its right that we should invest in and exhaust every avenue open that assists us in this task. So if you can think of a few more share them out!!
MOT
I can’t believe it – yes the car failed….. I’m not that annoyed about it but I could do without the hassle and expense. I just can’t wait to change the thing. Don’t get me wrong its not a bad car and in fairness to it, it does have 111,316 miles on the clock. I suppose I’m just too busy for the hassle it occasionally gives me.
A word of appreciation: - For pain killers! My jaw, ear, and glands have all appreciated them greatly recently – it’s a pity I can’t say the same for my gut!
No comments:
Post a Comment