Sunday, January 11, 2009

I am 5... (Come to think of it I'm 6)
Today sees my blogs 6th birthday! Born out of conversation in my car with Charlie Knox in January 2003 (on the way to an Enniskillen Mannafest) who would have thought it would have been such a long lasting toy and tool! A toy and a tool that brought fun to journaling my life's journey whilst assisting me in processing the stuff I was sailing through at the time. There has been many highlights and I’ll start the celebrations of with a "10 for the weekend". A random list I used to publish every weekend of bits and bobs from my thoughts and life .

Ten for the weekend (and 2 for good measure)
Highlights of 6 years of bloggin…

1. Where’s ma blues hat – a sidekick blog that seen my Linfield hat tour the world
2. A photo post recording the various bonfires on the 11th night of 2008
3. Following the glorious journey of Linfield FC across the years - including winning the Setanta all Ireland cup (2005) and the domestic clean sweep (2006)
4. Recording my thoughts from a hospital bed whilst having Meningitis in 2007
5. Pike of the Year 2007 – a fishing competition seeing the lads compete against each other.
6. The discussion in 2006 focusing on if I should get my ear pierced (Thankfully I didn’t.)
7. Starting my weight loss blog “Being released” in 2006
8. The photo album being set up in 2005.
9. The emotions of leaving YFC in 2005
10. Starting the prayer movement “More” within the Churches of Ballynahinch in 2004
11. Guest contributors like Emma Duncan and Anna McCallion
12. A week looking of social justice campaigns across the world in 2003

** I was disappointed to note that I've lost the comments on some blog articles. There where some classic quotes from people but there ya go...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations sir. Remember the journey and the chat well! It's been a fun journey since ..... Petemartin.blogspot is a regular watering hole for me!!

Anonymous said...

hold on el pedero. i had a thought about this last night. if you started your blog in 2003 and now we're in 2009 does that not make your blog 6 years old??

Anonymous said...

yes one of our staff members here can't count for peanuts... ;-)