Tuesday, August 12, 2008


One of Emma's favourite quotes...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I read this a while back and it struck a chord! My good friend Emma Duncan uses it on her blog and facebook page and so it keeps whacking me up the face everytime I check the sites out. I don't know about you but life for me can often get stuck somewhere safe and comfortable but arguably stale and at times regressive.

A friend of mine recently made a decision about his career that was truly massive. It affected everything from his life to his family, from his home to his friends, and from his community to his place of worship. One of the things he said that influenced his thinking was this question. Would he rather be in a new job, out of his depth and scared witless or in a safe job and regretful that he didn’t make the change.

I was struck by the courage of his decision. Be encouraged and inspired to live life to the max as opportunity presents itself. We only pass this way once and so make sure you don't miss a moment of it!
Ps. There has been a few updates on "Being Released" should you be interested... ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying the blog - keep on posting!!

ps. I cant leave posts on being released because i dont have a blog - can you fix it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing that out - we hopefully have it sorted now for you!