For the last four or so years I’ve had the pleasure of watching Pistol Pete Thompson score goal after goal at Windsor Park and took great joy in singing his song after each one of them. Every now and then Pete and I had a yarn and he’s a real gent! His tremendous skill has been noticed by more than one club from across the water and the time has come for him to move up a level. Stockport was the successful club to get their hands on him and on Wednesday night Pete put on the blue shirt for the last time. The word legend is used far too often around Windsor Park but for us it’s an appropriate word to use when talking about Pistol Pete.
All of us here at petemartin.org would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the very best and look forward to seeing him go from strength to strength across the water!!
The startling fact is but that this leaves Linfield with one striker and he is a veteran of 39 - true he is a man of enormous stature and capability but how long can Glenn Ferguson go on for and just who will repace Pete?
3 comments:
The previous comment had to be deleted due to the use of poor language...
I thought you were Pistol Pete...
I'm very confused! Does this mean you've left Linfield too?
No bro I'm still the main force in the backroom, low profile (but high level of power and decision making), committee...
Post a Comment