Monday, February 18, 2008

The Chip Stop, Drumaness Gets the Thumbs Up!
Last Friday I had a great morning with Mr. Greer seen below. We had one of those conversations were a lot falls into place as you pull and tug at a topic. I learnt such a lot that morning… Inspired we went to try a chippy recommended in Charlie Knox’s blog a way back in August. On this Charlie was right on the money, it’s definitely a top notch chipper and I’d recommend it too. For dessert we went to the EDGE for a game of pool and who should drop in but Charlie himself. I haven’t seen my good buddy Charlie in maybe a year and it was really good to catch up… The day was so good it reminded me of an old song from Van the Man “Ohhh my mama told me therell be days like this”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I know Jamie you've never heard of Van Morrison.... Honestly!! ;-p

dave wiggins said...

good to see you cut your burger in half

Jamie said...

Hahaha, I was actually going to say that as a joke Pete, but believe it or not I'm familair with him..his best was 'brown eyed girl'. But anyway, it's strange cus I didn't think I said anything of much worth that morning. In fact I kninda struggled to work out what I was trying to share with you + wasn't entirely in the mood, It felt like I had something blockin me. I think though at one point I hit just the right spot and it set you off ;)I think you were talking to yourself most of the time and I was glad to give a little back as well as get so much out of what you shared.
Here's to many more such days, whether in the chippy, in the stands, by the lake or in the jacuzzi.

Anonymous said...

and I quote "I think you were talking to yourself most of the time" Hmmmm

NOTE TO SELF - listen more... (it's what your supposed to do for a living)

Anonymous said...

COME ON JAMIE!!!! VAN MORRISON PROBABLY THE BEST SINGER SONG WRITER TO EVER COME OUT OF OUR WEE COUNTRY!! YOU GOTTA BUY HIS BEST OF ALBUM!!

Yeh and whats the criac with cutting burger in 2 pieces....

Gonna have to try this place out...does it beat Genesies??

Anonymous said...

Flip me I didn’t know there were so many peasants/barbarians reading this… Cutting a burger in two is just plain manners and cuts down on making a mess. Mind you I do know a blogger who eats their burger using a knife and fork – I’ll say no more! ;-)

Jamie said...

Haha, ok two things...nothing wrong with using a knife and fork even in achippie! and...Niall if you reallyant me to appreciate good music make me some copies r buy me the albumns and I'l listen to them.
:)

p.s Pete...I wasn't saying you weren't listening mate, I meant that I could see you connected personaly with what I was saying and so it was a great mix of advice and contemplation as you both talked and listened, honestly. I enjoyed a little reversal of roles as it was ME this time leading YOU, for once, on someself discovery :)

Anonymous said...

Do they serve burgers with a knife at fork at windsor??

Jamie said...

no but I do often get service with a smile from the young ladies serving, isn't that right Pete. Windsor is an upmarket place ;)