Monday, October 16, 2006

Studying brings on an avalanche of random distractions…
Yup it’s that time of year again when essays and journals are due. Motivation is for studying I have always found difficult. Now don’t get me wrong once I get started I’m fine but getting started is the issue. One thing but that really peeves me off is the avalanche of random things that all of a sudden appear highly attractive once you’ve started studying. The problem is but the deadlines won’t let you engage with them and once the deadlines pass you lose the interest. The frustration is unbelievable at times! Here’s just a list of some of the distractions…

*Working in the garden
*Clearing out the garage
*Doing some exercise
*Watching old films
*Overhauling my blog
*Washing cars
*Clearing out stuff for a car boot sale
*Volunteering for jobs

REVIVAL: NOT JUST INTENSITY OF PRAYER
I read this article on John Duncan’s blog and it needled me. I felt uncomfortable as I read it and it’s since been raising questions with me. I was in prayer this morning and heard myself praying that I wanted to be a more effective person of prayer and could God highlight areas of sin in my life. I nearly stopped the car as I thought what may be ahead of me as my heavenly father highlights all types of hidden and dark areas. I started to wonder was I mad or brave? Once they’re highlighted I’ll need to act, am I prepared for what that may cost? Do I have the courage and character? Just as I was drowning in doubt and fear these verses came to mind from 1 John 3

19This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

I’ll choose living in him and pleasing him every time – drive on!!

*New Photo's added to "The Photo Album"

*Steven McCready blogs too... where have I been??

No comments: