Tuesday, October 17, 2006


It's just not good enough anymore...
I woke this morning to hear politicians on both sides casting doubt on whether they will work with the new St. Andrews Agreement. I’m left feeling a weird mix of despair, and disgust. Do the politicians realise they are playing cruel games with the countries emotions and ultimately peoples lives. If they were in any other profession they would have rightly been given the sack by now! The government recently spent thousands informing us that if we didn’t register our vote we would loose it. Well we’ve had many years of this "will we, won’t we" game and apathy is starting to creep in.

Who would you vote for anyway? If this is another excuse to continue to pay out millions to see nothing change or done I don’t think I will be voting next time. In the year that special needs schools are being shut, rates are rising to extortionate levels and water bills are looming we are still caught up in this guff. It’s not good enough - sort it out!!!

In conclusion my question is how long can I endorse through my vote the paying of millions for very little or no product? It's simply immoral! In fact some may argue with some weight that voting is a vote to be worse off...

No comments: