Saturday, May 06, 2006

Good Luck Linfield – let’s slaughter them…
Today see’s the Irish Cup Final between the Glorious Belfast Blues and the scum from the East! (I’m sorry I know I’m like a little kid but after a lifetime of hating Glentoran it’s hard just to stop it now...) We’d all at petemartin.org like to wish Linfield all the very best! If they are triumphant today they will have completed a domestic clean sweep of trophies winning every competition they entered on the home scene. The result - every blues brother will feel like "Winkie" Murphy, pictured here, our star central defender!!

Linfield are not only the only team to have done this in the past but this will actually make it their third clean sweep since Irish footballing records began! I must say I’m as nervous as heck and my guts are in knots. However, if successful I’ll take great joy in telling my grandchildren that I was there the day Linfield delivered their third clean sweep… as my father was their for the second and my grandfather the first!

C’mon the Blues – even the pubs have your flag up!!

No comments: