It’s been a tad quiet round here!
I know, I know but we all need to take a break every now and then and to be honest everybody else’s blog needed time to catch up on mine anyway… So what’s new?
Part-time work needed!!
Having had 3 months off Pete is now looking to get back into the work place and I would consider near anything… So if you hear of anything from a one off, one week only type thing to, an administrative clerk, to a shop assistant, to a road sweeper I’m your man! Seriously – let me know!
Back to the books…
I’m in shock a little here so take it easy folks… Over the last few months I attended a basic introduction to counselling course on Monday evenings. Now for those of you who were “privileged” enough to know me, when I was 17 you will know that me and night classes just don’t go! Yes, three years in a row I re-took my GCSE Maths on Wednesday nights and over that time span I would be surprised if I got to more than 10 evenings! However, this time it worked and I loved it. So having got away with it once I thought I would try it again. I’m pleased to say that Lisburn College have given me a non-conditional offer to complete my Dip HE in Counselling. So from September and for the next 2 – 3 years I will be studying from 9 – 4 on Mondays in Lisburn Tec. Now to be honest the last time I went to Tec it was the talent I appreciated the most but now that I’m 16 years older and have been married for 7 of those I wonder what draw my attention this time…
Dreams
Yet another summer is here and I find myself sitting on harbour walls fishing and enchanted by the mystery of the sea. I easily find myself memorised by boats, wonder where they are go and what sights they will see along the way. Every year for as long as I can remember I have sat and drooled over them thinking to myself – I’m going to start to save for my own and who knows next year it may be me in the boat. Well stuff that I’m now officially taking affirmative action to ensure this happens…
I want a small motor boat that is good for day trips and offers a little cover from the elements, spacious enough for 4 people and their fishing stuff, and that has a ladder on the back to facilitate swimming! Something similar to the picture below.
One of the most fun conversations I’ve had recently with Jane has been around naming the boat. Now no doubt this conversation will go on for months and nothing is even close to being written in stone yet… any suggestions? Yes, even I have though of “Dignity” after the Deacon Blue song, and yes I may even use it!
Jane thinks ‘True companion’ is much better……
Go on let’s hear your suggestions!

No comments:
Post a Comment