Lifestyle with a slice of honesty.
This is the era of my life that I would truly like to reprogram my thinking and my behaviour in relation to self maintenance. I was 19 or 20 when I realised I was developing a weight problem, now 11 years ago. Since then I’ve gone through various phases but certainly over the past 3 years I’ve tried harder than I ever have to reverse the pattern, to commit, to know holistic health.
*
You see I choose life. I enjoy and cherish it! I’ve loved my life and deeply appreciate all that it has held so far. It’s been a rich life full of variety and experience; however my biggest fear is premature death. If I keep putting on a stone a year that fear has a high chance of being realised!
*
I want this era to be different, I want it to count. I want to hand over this stronghold and others that Satan holds to God and receive the healing I know he has for me.
*
Distraction with a dollop of frustration
This is certainly one of the things I have been really struggling with of late. Maybe it’s in the adoption of a new lifestyle which now revolves around two extra people with unpredictable needs and timetables but focus is something I’ve really been unable to get. I’ll sit down to do something and my mind will flutter about like a butterfly from flower to flower. I now have an attention span similar to the lads we are caring for. Compounding this is also what would appear to be the death of my short-term memory. Don’t ask me what it’s about but honestly I have had conversations one day and could not tell you there content the next.
*
Maybe it’s a result of getting out of the fast lane but I tell you what - it’s a right pain!
*
Reflection
The truth is in relation to these two that only God can get me out of this corner. I’m down, feeling badly beaten but not out! The passage of scripture I believe God has given me for this time is;
*
Romans 12
1Therefore, I urge you, Peter, in view of God's mercy, to offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
*
Forgive me if this post is a bit real but there ya go. You can’t accuse this blog of not being real if nothing else.
*
No comments:
Post a Comment