Sunday, April 03, 2005

Power, obedience and meaning…
Recently I have had the massive privilege of hanging out with people who you can smell Jesus of; you can just sense God from. Now in fairness they have also achieved a lot for the kingdom but I’ve noticed something in them I haven’t seen in other people. They don’t cherish their spiritual stripes nor do you get the sense that they value ministerial rank. They simply focus on and listen to God, hear him and act in loyal service and obedience. Their power comes from this and this alone.

From a distance these people are not busy, they don’t construct punishing to do lists, and they don’t live in the fast lane. However, neither are they lazy, slow or without vision or strategy. They understand and practice the reality that action does not mean effectiveness. Action does not bring spiritual value on its own. It may bring human admiration, maybe even success, but could however be totally devoid of significance.

*Note a few new links in "The land of blog" and 2 new photo's in "The photo album" - Now thats value!

No comments: