Isn’t a laugh the places this adventure called blog has taken us to! If you had of asked me two years ago (before Charlie convinced me to give blog a go) if I could see myself getting involved with an internet project I would have laughed. I’ve really enjoyed the last two years bloggin’ and I’m delighted to say that recent investments have taken the whole thing to a different level.
Dell
The first investment I made was to renew my home computer. The last one was 7 years old had 16 Mb of Ram and a 3GB hard drive. This one has 512 MB Ram and an amazing 230GB hard drive and all for under £600.
My brother-in-law "Ed" and I working on the Dell!
Broadband
My mate Jeremy (see photo below) just took on the role of General Manager of UTV internet. Needless to say it wasn’t too long before he convinced me of the value of their “Free, free, free” landline deal along with their broadband services. To be honest the internet had become a far quicker place with the installation of the new computer but with broadband it is night and day. I would recommend it to anyone – it will revolutionise your internet experience and appreciation.
Digital Camera
For Christmas I bought Jane a digital camera and as you can see it’s brought a certain realness to the site! I’m really looking forward to sharing more of my experiences and interactions with you through it! Check out “The photo album” under “Up close and personal.”
www.petemartin.org
I would have appreciated a “petermartin.anything” address but nothing was available that had relevance and actually very little was available for Pete Martin so I settled for a .org address. Unfortunately it does give the impression of an organisation behind the name but the good thing is, it gives license to use the royal “we”. At the moment all the address does is point you to “petemartin.blogspot.com” however we do plan to venture out and develop our own site. Now this may take sometime but we’d appreciate it if you could change all your links to the www.petemartin.org address therefore not risking lose of contact!
Website amendments
Going public with the www.petemartin.org
Going public with a photo album (Under "Up close & personal")
New Blog description (Top left)
New shade of red for the date
My mate Jeremy (see photo below) just took on the role of General Manager of UTV internet. Needless to say it wasn’t too long before he convinced me of the value of their “Free, free, free” landline deal along with their broadband services. To be honest the internet had become a far quicker place with the installation of the new computer but with broadband it is night and day. I would recommend it to anyone – it will revolutionise your internet experience and appreciation.
Digital Camera
For Christmas I bought Jane a digital camera and as you can see it’s brought a certain realness to the site! I’m really looking forward to sharing more of my experiences and interactions with you through it! Check out “The photo album” under “Up close and personal.”
www.petemartin.org
I would have appreciated a “petermartin.anything” address but nothing was available that had relevance and actually very little was available for Pete Martin so I settled for a .org address. Unfortunately it does give the impression of an organisation behind the name but the good thing is, it gives license to use the royal “we”. At the moment all the address does is point you to “petemartin.blogspot.com” however we do plan to venture out and develop our own site. Now this may take sometime but we’d appreciate it if you could change all your links to the www.petemartin.org address therefore not risking lose of contact!
Website amendments
Going public with the www.petemartin.org
Going public with a photo album (Under "Up close & personal")
New Blog description (Top left)
New shade of red for the date
Added a few links (Under "the land of blog")

No comments:
Post a Comment