Sunday, January 02, 2005

2005 – What should we expect?
It’s a very good question - I normally set out a few goals, and by mid January I have either dismissed them or forgotten them. However I desire for this year to be a different experience….

My clearest thought for this year is to become more defined and refined. I want to take stronger strides forward in developing my character, skills and relationship with God. I want to move from having friendly discussions about God, and with God, to having life changing encounters with him.

I long to move from wanting to be good at a lot of things, to becoming skilled at a few and for those to be directly linked to God’s voice and direction. I want to continue to philosophise less and to act out more. I want to feel God’s pleasure in all that I do.

2004 taught me a lot and for that I give thanks; however I want more from 2005.

I want to be less driven by emotion, and to instead become more grounded in fact, commitment and reality. I want to realise more compassion in my life on a daily basis and more than anything I want to live in freshness.

As I continue to reflect on 2004 I want to bring with me the learning that in my journey I need to be chasing intimacy with God and not just blessing. I want more of him to spread across all aspects of my persona and I want to continue to release those areas of my life into his keeping which were previously hidden.

I need to be more clearly focused on evangelism and more intimately engaged with prayer. I want more love to radiate from my home and I want to bless my sole mate and wife Jane in evermore meaningful and radical ways.

So for 2005 I’d expect more heart – Will 2005 be the year of the heart?

No comments: