Petemartin.blogspot.com – sees its first year through!
Yes indeed Last Sunday seen this site’s first birthday! Blogging has been an interesting journey that I’m thankful Charlie introduced to me one night on the way back from a Mannafest event in Enniskillen. I have found it to be an educative tool more than anything else, a tool that has made me slow down and ponder what life has been teaching me. In celebration of the anniversary I have repeated what I think was the blog comment of the year on the site. It came from my good friend Helen Warnock who at the time wrote the comment with me present and of the top of her head. It blew me away at the time and continues to do so! If ya want to delve into the journey that made for a years bloggin check out the captains log to your left!
Blog Entry - Sunday, April 13, 2003
God is more interested in the work he can do in us, than through us. - True or false?
Blog Comment of the Year!
I hear what you are all saying and I know that probably each of us could argue either side to the statement - in or through but I feel in our desire to be Gods we sometimes loose sight of what actually happens. God works. he uses people that are close to him and other times he uses the far away to do amazing things.
I wonder do we equate holiness with effectiveness to actually allow us to remain in control. If I work harder at being holy then I will be effective. God is mysterious. At times he just doesn't make sense. And I think I take comfort from this cause it reminds me that he is GOD.
He has a different agenda. He does care passionately about me but he also cares about his purposes and lets face it I am small fish in a big sea. And that’s ok.
I do not control God. I don't control his effectiveness. And humbly but true he uses me often regardless of what is happening in my life. We need in all our desire to be Gods to keep our feet on the ground. Life can be an important teacher. Let not be so blinkered that we keep God in a box.
Congratulations and thanks Helen.
No comments:
Post a Comment