An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his Grandchildren about life.
He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me... it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too." They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied... "The one you feed."
E-mailed to me by John Conlon (Currently my favourite father-in-law)
Vote For Britain's Best Sitcom - Vote for Porridge!
Last night I watched a thing on BBC 2 where they launched a poll for Britain's Best Sitcom. It was a pretty interesting programme explaining that over the next 10 weeks they will screen a programme a week with each one representing a sitcom and campaigning for your vote. Interestingly enough David Jason appears in 3 of them, and Ronnie Barker in two of those three. David Jason described Ronnie Barker as "The Governor - the funniest man in Britain!" That's pretty much how I see it. I've watched many a re-run of "Open all Hours" and "Porridge" and many a time laughed out loud and as loud as I did the first time. In fact I remember watching a video of Porridge early one morning as a youth at home. Mum thought she heard crying and got out of bed and came down the stairs to see if I was alright only to find me rolling about in fits of laughter. So go check out the link and vote... mind you it is a hard choice between "Porridge" and "Open all hours".
A small amendment to links.....
Over Christmas I did a small revamp of my links adding new links, dumping old and even added a new category. Granted I copied it from others but it mentions what I'm reading, have read and am considering reading. It also links those books mentioned to an amazon page that reviews the book and enables you to buy it should you desire to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment