The Beginners Guide?
To cut a long story short a friend “Egi” recently recommended a book to me entitled “The Beginners Guide To Prophecy” by Jack Deere. A bit of a naf title and to be honest only he had recommended it I wouldn’t have picked it up. Shame on me for judging a book by its cover as I’ve been enjoying it. Even weirder I actually found it on my bookshelves but how it got there is a bit beyond me. It’s the first book in the area that I’ve read that beautifully blends personal experience, with a theological framework flavoured by a hands on approach for those wanting to develop their gift. I’d say whether you think of yourself as a prophet or an interested by-passer you’ll find it an interesting read and I’d recommend it.
Have your say…..
It appears to me that some people are reading this site but don’t actually have their own. Cool with me but do you want a challenge? Do you fancy making a guest appearance on “petemartin.blogspot.com” ? If so just scribble a few thought provoking paragraphs and e-mail it to me above at “Cabin E-mail”. For that matter even if you have your own site but fancy voicing off somewhere different then e-mail me the material - no problems….
Quote of the day
“We’re unrepentant fenians….” Gerry Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment