Sunday, November 30, 2003

Lets see…..
It was with some surprise that I logged on to my site for the first time since Wednesday to note that 12 comments had been left. It was even more surprising to realise the heat within them. Lets not fall out in true Northern Irish style but instead cool our jets, leave behind our baggage and assist with progress.

On the one hand I’m disappointed to see the hard-liners win but on the other hand it gives us a chance to see what they can deliver. At this point I believe I’m big enough to say well done if they do deliver and admit and apologise for my sceptical heart. However should they fail, it will thankfully take the winds out of their sails. As a result instead of having two camps we could then unite under one. Perhaps a first for our people and culture.

One serious question I do want to ask of the DUP campers reading this – Any truth in the rumour that your leaving the Orange lodge to join the Lemon? Apparently the Orange wasn’t bitter enough for you!

Ahhh come on if we can’t laugh at ourselves what have we left?

No comments: