Feeling tired & ready to retire…..
Three times recently I’ve stepped up to the plate for a bit of competition and 3 times I’ve been taken to the cleaners.
The run started with Charlie Knox when we went to the sauna. Six or so years ago I was the undisputed king of sauna & steam rooms. I could outlast anyone – didn’t matter who they were, what age they were or what temperature we operated at I could sit there the longest. Well Charlie came on the seen and 7 times as we rotated round the rooms he washed the floor with me – humiliating!
Then came Paul Coles who challenged me to a game of Knockout Kings ’03 on the PS2. If I do say so myself I’m pretty good at it or so I thought. Paul who had never even got a sniff of the game before (A little suspicious for a youth worker – I thought) jumped into the ring and painted the walls with me. At this stage morale hit an all time low.
This morning at 7am I went Pike fishing with Niall Nixon. A chance to redeem myself I thought. I thought wrong. He got two, one of which was 9 lbs. , a couple of bites and one heck of a fight with one that got a way. Whilst I got zilch not even a bite!!
In all three arenas I used to excel yet in all three I got whipped! I’m getting old… Time for the co-co and slippers, please pass me the zimmer!
No comments:
Post a Comment