Ahhhhh
Did anyone see the news tonight? Paisley and Trimble shouting at & over each other in the street whilst surrounded by there colleagues. If you had have changed the suits for a pair of cargo pants and T-shirts, and the tie pins for body piercings you could have had a gangsta rap video. The ironic thing was that both the BBC and UTV said that Trimble came of strongest – probably the first row he’s one in a long time.
It really is frustrating the life out of me that very few (if any) parties have talked about what they will do in the future instead of what they’ve done in the past or worse what they’re against.
Who do I vote far? I still haven’t decided truth be told and I genuinely have considered every option. One conclusion I have came to is that I can’t afford not to vote. I have allowed the “Not voting as a vote of protest” theory to run through my head but in the end it wouldn’t make sense and just weakens the democratic process.
Conclusions
There’s seven days left and so far other than the following I haven’t a clue what I’ll think or do…
Inclusive politics are important - I didn’t like how the last negotiations came down to the Ulster Unionists & Sinn Fein. I feel a sense of danger in the fact that no one is listening to the Loyalist politicians. If this doesn’t change will we over time see the Loyalist paramilitaries grow into another world class terrorist outfit like the IRA? Directly out of feeling marginalised, and having no sense of participation or ownership of the process.
Productivity, integration & dialogue are important - I feel at a lose to understand why so far no-one has as much as dropped a leaflet through my door talking of social issues, outlining they’re game plan in tackling them. I also find it repulsive to hear politicians as much as insight hatred towards each other – what hope is there in this?
Therefore my vote will be with a party who has an agenda larger than constitutional issues, who can enter into two way dialogue and has more than their pay packet and party fortune to consider. Know any?
No comments:
Post a Comment