Saturday, October 25, 2003

Simplicity in a complex world!
Recently I have found a lot of people struggling to understand where they are at, why certain things have happened to them the way they have or God’s will for them and their life. Most people who have known me over the past 6 – 12 months would probably put me in this grouping too, and therefore I thought I would share a discovery with you. Rather than suffer from lots of repetitive brain strain, stop and pray simply in faith that God would bring into line your thinking with his. Every time I felt myself descend down that spiral of analytical thinking that was draining and taking me nowhere I’d stop pray the prayer and in faith distract myself with some other thing. I found that within 48 hours I thought about the issue differently or at least had a peace about it. Try it – it works! (The essential ingredient - James 1 Vs 6 “But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he that doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.”)

This may seem awfully simplistic but then I believe that nine times out of ten its us that makes faith and life complicated not our creator.

No comments: