Sunday, February 23, 2003

Too busy…..
Yesterday I bumped into an old much loved friend and his wife at Forestside who I haven’t seen for ages. They were out getting their heads showered whilst their son was at “Sparrows” and I was on my weekend hunt for latest artistic bargain to be found at HMV. Through the conversation I realised that his son is now four and in those years I have never once even clapped eyes on him! It left me with the question of were did the time go and how come he wasn’t more prominent in it?

Today in church Dave Dunlop delivered a blistering sermon on the importance of prioritising the poor. One of the scriptures he used which hit me hardest was:-

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honours God. Proverbs 14 vs. 31

From as long ago as last August I’ve felt God on our (Jane and I) case to review our giving. To our shame we still haven’t got round to it!

My point - perhaps all of us should use Sundays a bit more effectively to have a rest from busyness and to flavour that rest with seeking God and his priorities for the incoming week!

Album of the day:- Elvis "Amazing Grace" - 55 classic songs of faith & inspiration

No comments: