Saturday, February 22, 2003

Paying the price…..
Yesterday my dad and I walked the Tullymore boundary – all 8 miles of it! Now this may be small biscuits to some of you but for me it was nothing short of a miracle. We walked it in 2 hours 35 minutes which apparently is not bad going and certainly a time I was delighted with!

On waking up this morning I felt like the debt collectors had come and gone. So far I’ve counted 4 deep blisters on my feet – two of which contain blood! My legs feel like they’ve gone through a punishment beating and my energy levels are as low as Johnny Adair’s morale!

The good news is that yesterday I lost a further 2lbs – that’s 15lbs since shortly after Christmas. Losing weight has been another journey which maybe one day I’ll share with you but for now I’d appreciate your prayers as I continue to stretch for my target of losing 98lbs.

Speaking in tongues…..
Yesterday a friend of mine who I respect and trust immensely challenged me to pursue in prayer the gift of tongues. Now for a brethren/baptist bloke this is a fairly big challenge and one that certainly will take me out of my comfort zone. He described his experience of it as a beautiful intimacy with God and one that had enabled him to reach incredible depths of prayer and blessing. Now I’m not saying that I’ve come to any conclusions but if I make further progress on the issue you’ll be the first to know!

Album of the day:- Oasis “Heathen Chemistry”

No comments: