Sunday, February 09, 2003

Having an unconditional positive regard for people - like that of a dog!
For all of my life I’ve had dogs of one sort or another. There was Pepsi the Poodle, Duke the Lab, Dylan the Boxer, Dex the Boxer, Sam the Yorkshire Terrier, Lucy the West Highland Terrier and head and shoulders above them all Barney our Cairn Terrier.

Barney arrived with us just a few days after returning from our honeymoon. I couldn’t adapt to a house without a dog - it was not natural! Anyway to cut a long story short it struck me this weekend how true the old cliché is that mans best friend is his dog! Never once has Barney snubbed me or walked away. In fact there’s times I’d swear that whilst he doesn’t talk, he listens and understands…. You know he’s that fair minded that if I’m at the front of the house and Jane’s at the back he’ll sit in between us!

Why am I telling you all this rose tinted romanticised stuff. Well its simple shouldn’t I as Christian be known for that?

I got a quote last night from Channel 5’s CSI: Miami and I think it sums it up nicely:-

“With most people you have to earn their respect, with him that’s were you started from!”

Prayer Request
Please pray for me - I have a particularly nasty virus of some description causing my temperature to fluctuate, with shivers and scoots like you wouldn’t believe and with guitar rolling down my throat like the Niagara Falls…. I could really do with losing it as next week’s quite an intense week of work!!

Please continue to pray for Beyond the Edge tonight - that people would respond by running right into God's arms!

No comments: