Tuesday, February 11, 2003

As I look about me I’m wondering…..
Should I care how the Church politically represents me?
Do I need to be active in secular community?
Local historical & political issues – is it ok if they leave me cold?
Who cares that the nation is considering war with another country?
Have people not had enough of war at home?
The rich stay healthy whilst the sick stay poor – so?
Should I engage with abusers as well as the abused ?
What is forgiveness in the context of Ulster?
Do I believe in church unity or am I to busy with mine to care?

As I travel about the province looking for other people’s example to guide me, I might not be blamed for thinking that all of the above is irrelevant. When the reality however is that our proactive and positive input is urgently essential!

The fact is that 10% of our population claim to be evangelical Christians – is it having an impact? I believe it could make a massive difference if more of us began to think and reflect instead of making the tray bakes?


Official - I am the oldest blogger in town!
Unfortunately nobody in the last week has recruited anyone one older than me (29)… Making me think is that the blogging revolution is age specific! Should anyone manage to do this seemingly impossible piece of recruitment I’ve increased the mystery prize! Believe me you’ll like it….

Links
Yip indeed another new category of links has been installed called “Good Company”. So far it includes U2, Johnny Cash, David Bowie, Jools Holland, Solomon Burke, Fleetwood Mac and David Grey with others currently on the waiting list to be added!

Next Blog I promise will lighten up a bit!!

No comments: