Monday, January 27, 2003

Do everything for the glory of God…..

When Paul wrote these few words did he realise what an utterly massive statement he was making?

It struck me today how totally boring and uninspired most of the things are around us. For example has anyone thought of how uninspired the design of today’s trains are compared to the steam era? Thinking of a different field say architecture, when was the last time you were reminded of the glory of God through a recently erected building? As compared to say some of our great historical buildings that find themselves part of our rich inheritance.

So here’s my question? Whatever I did today did it bring glory to God? If he came to inspect it could I stand over it?


Ps The good news is that today I only got 2 fillings! The bad news is that I misheard my dentist on the last visit – she did say 3 fillings needed replaced but she also said I needed 2 new one’s!! Who in the world gets 5 fillings? So I’ve got to go back in a few weeks and get the last 3 in…. There’s more metal in my head now than the Ford Focus! On a good day I can pick up Radio 1!!

No comments: