Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Peter & the Giant...
Last week as some of you will know I bought a new bike (see "Being Released" for details) in celebration of hitting a weight loss target. Due to the snow and ice I haven’t been able to get out on it so today I took her for her maiden voyage and what a time we had. I went to Castlewellan forest as I didn’t want to do anything to challenging before the bike and I had a chance to get to know each other.
*
(Check out the condensation on the hat...)

When we arrived the sun was out and the sky was clear however there was snow on the ground, the temperature was -2, and there was ice in abundance. We had some memorable experiences and I loved every minute of the 90 I was out for. I burnt 1250 calories; my heart averaged 145bpm and maxed out at 170. I will particularly remember the moment I was flying down hill and realised that I was on sheet ice. Not bad enough I then realised that it continued to the bottom of the hill, I near wet myself.
*
I’d recommend cycling to anyone its great craic and you’re never too old to start – anyone fancy a burn with me sometime?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Join BOMB - believers on mountain bikes - High Kirk Pres Church in Ballymena. www.ridedirt.com is the international website

Debs Erwin said...

I'd so love to bike with you some day!

Anonymous said...

Well for you sis I'm sure we can make GW's bike available... and to be honest its a cracker. Makes me wonder why I spent 3 times as much on mine. (Don't tell him I said that mind you) ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh & thanks for the heads up anon... :-D (but who are ye?)

Anonymous said...

Pete, never got back to you about the cycling. This week isout but next week could be a goer. I'll keep in touch.

Wiggy