As you may know Johnny Cash has been a life long hero of mine. I don’t want to get into the detail of that other than to point out a habit of his which I suggest you may find helpful. Every New Years Eve he would write himself a letter full of advice to himself. One year he wrote "Johnny you need to pray more…" What advice would you give yourself for the incoming year? Trust me the benefits of thinking it through and committing it to paper will surprise you!!
Go on write it down this year and read it next new years. Will you have taken your own advice? Was it worth taking? Only time will tell…
4 comments:
Now this article is a working explanation of the words "brief and succinct" and in this is a concept that some would do well to learn from… ;-)
Short and sweet as always Pedro,I better go read another few blogs before I go offline to feel I got some substance in my daily reading/thinking routine.
I like that idea. Although I reckon Jonny should have written himself a note to make better music. An english teacher of mine once said, 'In six months time what will you regret not doing today' This is a big year for me, moving out, getting married, the dawn of a fresh 'Pike of the year' comp...I reckon I might resign some things to paper now. Much better than trying to make a new years resolution. I hate those!
"I reckon Jonny should have written himself a note to make better music"
Watch yourself Mr. Greer it wouldn't the first time that I have deleted a comment that was critical of the man in black...
Jamie you clearly have absolutely no taste in music...mr cash was an absolute legend - go watch 'walk the line'
As for the idea - think the big man might be telling me something - at church on sunday i had the thought of writing down what i want to achieve/change/read in 2008- ive just read your post gotta do it now!!
Think i will set aside some time tomorrow...
Post a Comment