Monday, November 19, 2007

It’s true…
You may have heard that on Wednesday 7th I came into contact with meningitis and on Friday 9th was admitted to the Lagan Valley Hospital. Unfortunately this indeed was the case. Thankfully after two lumber punctures it was identified that it was viral meningitis I had and not it’s more deadly siblings fungal and bacterial meningitis.

Last Thursday (15th) seen my release from hospital and whilst still feeling like my gut and head are caught in the fast cycle of a washing machine I am making steady steps to recovery.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me" Philippians 2 vs 14

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support and I look forward to getting out and about shortly! After all there is still Christ to follow, dreams to pursue, Pike to catch, and Linfield to support! ;-)

Audaces Fortuna Juvat

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From our recent conversations by ur bedside I thought it appropraite that I might use some MODERN, appreciable, music to help you on the road to recovey. I Quote Mr Kanye West who says..."That that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger."

Stronger than ever i'm sure lad, now the cahallenge is to look after yourself. C u soon for a pint.

Anonymous said...

Mum told me you were poorly so have been saying the odd prayer. Glad you're out and about again. Take it easy.

dave wiggins said...

flip, didnt know you were in Pete. Glad you're doing better ... i wouldn't worry about supporting the blues, everything else is important though.

Debs Erwin said...

Man! You've been through the wars! So glad you're on the road to recovery, take 'er handy.

Neil Harrison said...

Just heard the other day pal that you were sick. Glad your doing ok now though. Catch ya soon!