Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I love it when that happens…
Last night I was on the night shift in work, it’s peculiar in that you are allowed to sleep and in a bed. However, you are on call and there is a listening device in the room so that if anyone’s in trouble I’ll be alerted. (I should say I now work for an agency working with adults with learning disabilities) To cut a long story short I never sleep well being interrupted by doors slamming, toilets flushing and other associated noises. This morning I awoke around 5 to hear a hymn banging round my head really loud and clearly. My heart was rejoicing and full of joy as I started to sing it out loud. How cool is it when your first conscious act is to worship our heavenly Father. I’ll have more of that please!!

*For those members of the Martin family now feeling a sense of panic that I’m turning into my Gran who actually sings hymns word for word throughout her sleep and throughout the night have no fear – this unfortunately in my experience is a rarity.

No comments: