Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Tyres - they may be quicker but...
Last week I had the dreaded job of replacing all 4 tyres on my car costing a whopping £240. A few days later as I walked back to my car from a shopping trip I noticed a dirty big bolt through the back tyre. I was on my way to Windsor to see the wee Belfast Blues and the timing couldn’t have been worse. I rushed round to the nearest tyre place I could find and it turned out to be the one that promises that there’s no-one quicker. They took 10 minutes to investigate it and then told me the tyre was a write off and that it needed replaced. I was gutted but thought that something smelt a little fishy so I said thanks, got them to put the spare on and left for the match.

(Taking a moment out from the story, Linfield won 2-1 coming back from being 1-0 down. My advice to Big Davy Jeffery our manager is to get the boys playing full out every match instead of 1 in every 3.)

So I let the weekend come and go and yesterday I took the tyre down to Jane’s cousin who works in a tyre place. They took one look, laughed and had it fixed in 5 minutes charging me only £6 to do so…. The moral of the story – the competition may claim to be quicker, but then again they think you’re thicker!


Debs Erwin
Check out the quality of her blog as she tells us about her recent trek in China complete with loads of interesting photos.... (nudge to Em)

No comments: