Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A ladder of thanksgiving...
Recently Jane and I have been struggling to smile; I suppose in our line of work days like it are to be expected but when you get a run of them it’s hard! We recently felt that God was saying to lift our eyes heavenward and to praise and thank him more. Wanting to be obedient and known to God as a thankful household, we followed his direction. It was hard, especially when you’re mentally and physically exhausted but we pushed on.

We started doing quick fire prayers which is the name we have given to one liners like, thanks Lord for the lunch I enjoyed today, and then the next person would kick in. As we practiced this it became easier and the content became broader and the quantity grew. 2 – 3 weeks later I find myself surprisingly frequently just bursting into thanks giving, worship and praise without even thinking about it. It just spontaneously comes to me!

I suppose in our case I believe that if we are to pull ourselves out of pity parties or dark days then we have got to climb out of them. Perhaps slowly but climb none the less. Give it a go you might be surprised by the results!

Portstewart Strand*

* New photo added to "The Photo Album"

No comments: