Sunday, May 22, 2005

Linfield - All Ireland Champions!!
Congratulations Linfield on a job well done! Proving again that we are indeed the biggest and best Football club on this island! Oh and thanks Arsenal you made us all very smug I mean happy!

Blog-tag...
Received an e-mail today from sista Debs that went as follows:

Hey there folks!
I fancy a wee game of blog-tag or whatever you want to call it. Basically here are 5 questions I spotted on a blog today which if you're up for it you can answer on your blog, then pass them on to someone else!

01. Total volume of music files on my computer?

02. The last CD I bought was?
03. Song playing right now:
04. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me:
05. Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why?

Have fun!
Debs


So not one to refuse a challenge here we go…

1. The answer to the first question is 4.23 GB - yup and all quality although Jane may disagree.

2. The last CD I bought was Ricky Ross‘s Pale Rider. A fantastic piece of work which I picked up after reading a review of it written by Steve Stockman.

3. Actually there’s none playing at the moment but the last one to be played was Radio by The Corrs.

4. This is a hard one but after much thought I picked the following:

*Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head by BJ Thomas
I have happy memories of my mum using it as a lullaby to get me a sleep when I was very young. However, this is only one reason though why I’m so fond of it. The main reason is that whilst it recognizes the reality that crap happens it pushes a positive outlook on life.

*(Your Love keeps lifting me) Higher & Higher by Jackie Wilson
What can I say but my soul leaps for joy when this song comes on the radio. I can’t really explain the internal reaction but I’ve been known to cry as I’ve sung along. This is actually the only piece of music I have refused to buy due to the fear of over playing it.

*Sail Away by David Gray
I just love this song because its ability to literally take me on an imaginary journey across a stormy ocean on a yacht. I love listening to song when I’m dealing with an intense problem and can’t be bothered thinking about it anymore.

*Green Eyes by Coldplay
Yup you can’t ask a question like this and not expect a slushy answer somewhere. This song expresses some of what I feel about Jane. Yes, she does have green eyes and yes she is the rock upon which I stand. The thing I like most is that whilst Jane and I are 7 years married and 12 years together we are still picking new music to express our love.

*September when it comes By Johnny & Rosanne Cash
No list of mine could be complete without a mention of the man who changed a lot of my thinking and values down through the years. This is one of the last songs he recorded before he died and the lyrics are haunting. The following verse sends a chill up my spine as you listen to his elderly voice, knowing he knew death was round the corner.

I plan to crawl outside these walls,
Close my eyes and see.
And fall into the heart and arms,
Of those who wait for me.
I cannot move a mountain now;
I can no longer run.
I cannot be who I was then:
In a way, I never was.

He sings the song with his daughter Rosanne making it a very emotional track.
*
5. Well I hate chain mail type things and so I won’t be passing it on. However its been fun and I’d warmly encourage any blogger to take the same journey. Go on you know it makes sense.
*

No comments: