Bloggin turned me into a computer nerd…
It was mid January 2003 and I was giving Charlie Knox a lift home after he had spoken at Enniskillen Mannafest. I used to love giving the speakers a lift home from Enniskillen as the conversation was often mighty and occasionally life changing and that is by no means an exaggeration. This time was no different as I was filled with intrigue as Charlie explained the blog concept.
As the records show the next day I was straight onto it and my blog was born. Little did I know what I was playing with, how it would change me, and how much I would learn? It’s been massive! As I survey the land of blog and as I look over the desk before me I can’t help but think that the side effect of it but has been to turn me into a techno-nerd. On the desk at the moment is a large monitor, a palm, a digital camera, some RWCD’s, surround speakers, and a web cam not to mention the beast of a base unit below it all. Without exception all have been purchased post January 2003 as my interest in bloggin and all things computer oriented grew. Don’t even get me started on the software I’ve got into, played with, fell out with, and cherished.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t change it for the world, I’m just noting that it changed me considerably and into something I wasn’t…
*
No comments:
Post a Comment