Friday, February 04, 2005

Make Poverty History
Yesterday Nelson Mandela issued a rallying cry to make poverty history in front of over 22,000 people in Trafalgar Square and backed the campaign that you could be such a vital part of. Click on the link top right.

"Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity. It is an act of justice. It is the protection of a fundamental human right; the right to dignity and a decent life. While poverty persists, there is no true freedom.” Taken from his speech yesterday.

Ten for the weekend.....
Random things about me

1. I started going bald at 15.
2. I have my bronze medallion in life saving.
3. I used to have a verruca on my big toe that was the same length as it.
4. Whilst on feet it’s good for you to know that I currently have two corns.
5. I used to be a shoe sales boy while at Tech.
6. I have owned a Mini, Nova, 106, Passat, Golf, ZX, 306 and an A4 in my time.
7. My first record was “When ur man gets the ball” by the NI Football Team.
8. My favourite colour is navy blue.
9. I used to keep over 150 fish in my bedroom.
10. King David is my favourite biblical character.

No comments: