Ten for the celebration!
Recently I got to thinking about how I used to publish a list of 10 things every Friday. I even made a feature of them giving the the title of ten for the weekend. It’s weird I think I got more enjoyment out of writing them than anyone got reading them. So here’s one for old times sake and as a celebration of two years bloggin!
Ten songs of the moment (In no particular order)
1. Champagne Supernova - Oasis
2. September when it comes - Rosanne & Johnny Cash
3. Creepin’ in - Norah Jones & Dolly Parton
4. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
5. Superstar - Jamelia
6. Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi
7. The Unforgettable Fire - U2
8. You do something to me - Paul Weller
9. Yahweh - U2
10. Resplendent - Vigilantes of Love
Isn’t Windows Media Player a great thing enabling you to bounce in and out of albums never getting of your butt once!
Off to Hungary
Early on Tuesday morning I’m heading off with the rest of the team from YFCNI to Hungary for the European Staff Conference. To be honest I’ve mixed emotions about the whole thing. On one hand I’m looking forward to hearing Philip Yancey the guest speaker and mixing with my fellow European colleagues but on the other hand I feel like I’m being untimely plucked out of our newly established family. I’m going to miss both our lads enormously at a time when things are starting to stabilise a bit!
I’d ask you to pray for Jane as she steers the ship single-handedly until late next Sunday night and that the boys remain fairly stable, content and happy.
Quote of the week... (Taken from "Word For Today")
Jessie Owens wrote: 'There is something that can happen to every athlete and every human being; the instinct to slack off, to give in to pain, to give less than your best; the instinct to hope you can win through luck or through your opponent not doing his best, instead of going to the limit and past your limit where victory is always found. Defeating those negative instincts that are out to defeat us, is the difference between winning and losing - and we all face that battle every day.'
(Jessie Owens set his first world record in junior high school. In college he set three world records in less than an hour. In 1936, he showed his character at the Olympics in Nazi Germany. As Hitler watched, he set three more olympic records and won four gold medals. Losing to a black man was more than the racist dictator could stand, so he stormed out of the stadium.)
No comments:
Post a Comment