Wednesday, March 24, 2004

A Tonic For The Sufferer of Chronic Messiah Complex (CMC)
Recently I’ve been putting a lot of worry and concern onto my shoulders over various personal and work related issues. Often I’ve even been taking it a step further and allowing myself to be convinced that only I can solve these problems and come up with the solutions. It’s a trap I’ve often fell into! In my anxious state I’ve recently managed to crowd out the still, small voice of God but if push came to shove I’d say he’s been trying to encourage me to focus on these three things:

1. Obedience
2. Prayer
3. Patience

Not one of these three things do I find easy nor natural but what hope do I have of developing them if I’m drowning in a sea of anxiety. A friend of mine is a recovering alcoholic and attends Alcoholics Anonymous and occasionally I’ve attended public meetings and conferences with him. Through hanging out with him I’ve discovered that AA have a saying “Let go – let God”. After recent reflection here’s my self prescribed medicine for the soul of a CMC sufferer like mine. Take 5 minutes aside and out loud repeat this saying to yourself “Let go – Let God”. Failing this thump your head of the nearest wall and repeat the saying to the rhythm of it…….

No comments: