Sunday, December 14, 2003

“Lord, let her be safe!”
I’ve just spent the weekend hanging out with the bloke who was over to speak at MANNAFEST. After the Belfast event, on our way out the backdoor we noticed a “lady of the night” semi-dressed in a Santa suit standing on the street corner opposite. As we got into our car another car pulled up to talk with her. The deal was done and as she walked to passenger side of the car a second bloke got out to let her in. I looked at my mate and said “I dread to think what’s going on there…..” there was a moment’s silence and he replied prayerfully “Lord, let her be safe!”. The contrast of attitude didn’t hit me to this morning, one of condemnation and one of blessing. Food for thought….

The Mac is back…..
On Monday night Jane and I went to see Fleetwood Mac play in the Odyssey. I had booked the tickets in September and was hyper with expectation and excitement. It was a truly memorable experience - Stevie Nicks was her infamous mystical self, Lindsey Buckingham was simply stunning on lead guitar and Mick Fleetwood was like something possessed on the drums. Fleetwood Mac have been big for over 40 years with numerous hits to their name yet throughout the night they played at least 50% of their new album “Say you will” and it felt amazing. Don’t get me wrong it was good to hear a few of the old classics like “The Chain”, “Don’t stop” and “Big Love” but it was nice to see that they didn’t have to rely on them to pull of a mega show. You just can’t beat experiencing music live!!

No comments: