Buckets of dosh!
On Saturday I went bag packing with the EDGE down to Marks & Spencer, Sprucefield, Lisburn. This experience was a first for me and gave me interesting insights into people’s dietary tastes and moral codes. Twice I heard wives ask their husbands had they put some money in the bucket and twice I heard an answer in the affirmative, which was complete lies. Then there was the obviously pregnant lady who nipped into purchase a few maternity bras. Why she took them to the food counter is beyond me but when she realised my role she went scarlet. For this to happen once was bad enough but it happened twice and weird enough both were preggers!!
The good news is that we lifted 30 quid short of £1500 for 4 hours work (not forgetting 1 button, 4 euro and a few US cent!). Having lifted the money home to count it I have to say that £1500 weighs a hernia inducing tonne in coins and takes the patience of Job to count. Overall but worthwhile and certainly a fundraising activity I’d recommend to anyone!
Ohhhh nearly forgot!
On the till beside me was one Niall Nixon. Who I thought was the average bloke but listen don’t be fooled the M&S girls were all over him like a rash. I don’t know what he’s got but he’s got it. It was like flies round muck with them giving him the Spanish inquisition, the glad eye, and the flirty smile. One in particular stood out as if her body language had of been anymore open I would have had to have ducked for cover!! Niall all I can say is find that ingredient, bottle it and make your fortune mate….
No comments:
Post a Comment