Sunday, June 08, 2003

Peter conquers Slieve Croob!
Had my first walk up Slieve Croob on Friday. Having got to the top I couldn’t believe the mess the broadcasting masts have made. I really did expect to look over Ballynahinch, see my wee house and pray for the people below – was I disappointed! That said, I’m sure there is a way to get the view I was looking for but my guide was lacking in local knowledge which is what you get when you use a Canadian foreigner. The fellowship was good and the jokes even better. Its been 4-6 weeks since I last exercised and I can tell you my body didn’t half let me know. The following morning even my arms were stiff (Bizarre I know)….

Paul and I then went into Newcastle were we had some spectacular sweets in Café Crème – an all round great afternoon!

A word of appreciation:- For our deputy prime ministers sense of humour!

No comments: