Banned.
Every six to twelve months Barney our dog remembers the night he watched Shawshanks Redemption and the afternoon he chilled to The Great Escape. He’ll nip out the back under the guise of needing a leak and shimmy behind the green house.
This is a good example of the intelligence I’m up against as this is a place not designed for blokes built for comfort but for speed. To get me behind there is something like a game of fluffy bunnies, were I’m the 12 marshmallows and the space between the green house and fence is the mouth of a ten year old.
Well after a few complaints from next door who are terrified that their dog will eat ours each time he breaks for freedom I decided to find the tunnel. Like one of those screws in the aforementioned movies I had to crawl on my belly and I do mean crawl up the gully between the shed and greenhouse then squeezing myself round the bend to get behind the greenhouse. Never once did I grumble at the previous owners who had put this in place not even when I realised that I was crawling over moss that was holding water like an old abandoned sponge and smelt like it too.
Having arrived at the spot were the offending evidence presented itself I realised that I had brought with me nothing to repair it. To cut an already long story short I had to go through this challenge three times. The fence is now escape proof and all break out movies have now been banned. Well at least from Barnabas! (As we call him when he’s in trouble)
Well I’m off to the South of France for a week and I’ll see you all when I get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment