Saturday, April 19, 2003

Recruitment
Following on from David S’ comment yesterday I’ve managed to find two willing recruits to help me in achieving yesterday’s “Ten for the weekend”. Thanks Mum & Dad you really are the best in the world. Should anyone else take the head staggers and fancy giving us a hand please feel free - we’d love the help and company! What a way to spend your week off – should I get a moment I’ll give you wee updates throughout the week!

Inspiration
Well between the good weather and Debs’ new site I felt inspired to tinker about a bit with my links. I took a few off like MTV and Tiso and added a few that would reflect the time of the year and my desire to get active. I also introduced a few new categories again working with the theme of “Sailing across this blue ocean called life". Links to note include Summerserve, NI Tourist Board, Walking in NI, Fishing in NI, Sustrans and The Hunger site.

Sustrans
Of the new links this one drew my attention most. It basically is a site that belongs to the charity currently campaigning for cycle lanes across the UK. Make sure you check out the map of Northern Ireland which shows you the many across our province. I feel a challenge coming on to try and do them all over the next few years! You up for it? Fancy joining me on a few?

The Skipper's Log
I’m particularly proud of this wee bit of structural engineering where I have managed to create a second page just for my archives. This saves me from having that horrendous list of archive dates down the side of my main page – I’m a boy genius I’m telling ya! I think I may also compile a list of all the “10 for the weekend” on that page when I get a minute away from decorating.

A word of appreciation: - For my mate “Ivan the builder” who’s managed to get Jane & I some brand new kitchen units for our utility room at a very highly discounted rate – you’re a hero mate!

No comments: