Quote of the week…..
“Treat a man as he appears to be, and you make him worse. But treat a man as if he were what he potentially could be, and you make him what he should be.” - Goethe (German Poet)
Shop Talk
Recently through attending the early morning prayer meetings I realised that my prayer life had become like that of a taxi driver.
“Fix that, remember him and grant that, over and out!”
Somewhere along the lines my service had become the sole focus of my relationship with God and all language of love, worship and relationship had all but gone. In response I decided that I needed to counter balance this urgently by breathing in some materials that focussed on God, our relationship with him, and ultimately how that should effect our lives. Having been inspired and reoriented I could then reintroduce the language of love and relationship back into my prayer life…..
Book Review
At this point I purchased Max Lucado’s most recent offering “A love worth giving”. It made sense to me to digest a work of Max’s because I’ve known his writing to be flavoured with romance for God as well as having the occasional hint of reality. In reviewing the book I’d evaluate it as one of quality having both importance and value. It’s one of those books that reinforces a lot of what you’ve maybe subconsciously known and felt but been unable to express or put your finger on. It’s a work that answers for me the question of describing the source, ethos and behaviour of Christian love. I’d recommend this book to anyone from a spiritual giant to an infant in faith. Believe me you’ll find it money well spent!
Blue
Colin Truesdale was complaining about the scoots brown colour the background of my blog was coming out. (Doesn’t that make for a disgusting read) Now my computer was reading it as grey and everything was blending quite nicely or so I thought however Lurgan YMCA’s computer was reading it as brown too…. It now should be a darkish blue but do tell me what’s your computer reading it as and help put this mystery to an end – thanks!!
Granny Gladys
My Gran (83) went into hospital today for an operation tomorrow. Nothing too serious however we’d appreciate your prayers…..
Album of the day:- Sting “...all this time”
No comments:
Post a Comment