Saturday, March 15, 2003

Personalising scripture – keeping it real….
Christ in Peter Martin is patient, Christ in Peter Martin is kind, Christ in Peter Martin does not envy, Christ in Peter Martin does not boast, Christ in Peter Martin is not proud, Christ in Peter Martin is not rude, Christ in Peter Martin is not self seeking, Christ in Peter Martin is not easily angered, Christ in Peter Martin keeps no record of wrongs. Christ in Peter Martin does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. Christ in Peter Martin always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves, Christ in Peter Martin never fails! 1st Corinthians 13 4-8

Last Summer I spent four days on a strand of ECONI’s summer school entitled “A spirituality for social engagement”. I learnt so much I’d recommend it to anyone. My strand focused on spiritual disciplines and this was one of them. Basically you get into the habit of adapting scripture by adding your name in the text. I’ve found it helpful to take it a step further and physically write it out somewhere. I tell you what but be warned you don’t half waken up with a bang!

Album of the day:- Coldplay "A rush of blood to the head"

No comments: