Thursday, January 30, 2003

A heart for spiritual transformation!

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Recently as you’ll see from my daily writings below I’ve been thinking and reading a lot about prayer. I’ve also been attending a few prayer meetings in the town and in our church and have been astounded by how poorly they’re attended. Now before I hear loud cries of hypocrite I’m the worst offender and before Christmas I wasn’t attending either. However I’m convinced if we want to take this town for Christ then we’ve got to regularly humble ourselves as a faith community, pray and seek God’s face. Now I’m not saying that numbers count but people’s hearts do!

Have you a heart for God & Ballynahinch?

YES – then I would like to invite you to The Edge’s monthly prayer meeting this Saturday from 10 to 11am. Prayer is the foundation on which we build and therefore we see it as a high priority. Please join us? - we would love to see you there!

Pass the word – it’s essential if we really are genuine in our desire to see the Spirit move!

No comments: